Monday, January 23, 2012

Jacob (Jake) Nathan

AKA:  Jakey Boy, Biggy, Biggy Boy, Big, Dump (short for Lap Dumpling), My Boy

Jake, my baby boy!  My last born, born on July 8, 2010 (6 minutes after your sister).  You to, were almost 10 weeks early and completely content on staying in my tummy for a little longer but your sister had other plans.  You had a little more trouble, initially, than your sister had and to be intubated at birth but only for a couple of hours and you got the hang of it on your on.  You were a big boy to be so early, 4 lbs 8 ozs, and you continue to be almost off the growth charts!


While you were at UAB those 7 weeks after you were born you were the sweetest little thing.  You hardly ever cried and were content to just lay in your isolet.  I could never leave the hospital while you were still awake because the thought of your sweet, big eyes would keep me up all night. 

Although, you were laid back and content as a newborn things definitely have changed as you have gotten older.  Not that you aren't a joy to be around but you are not happy unless you are being held or have some sort of human contact and you prefer your Momma!!!

Speaking of wanting your momma ... you are a "Momma's Boy" in every sense of the word!  You want to be in my lap at all times and if you aren't, nobody else better be either!  You love playing rough with your daddy and tussling with him but with your momma is where you want to be.  You have started to favor Summer lately, also, if I am busy and can't pick you up that minute you will go to her and asked to be picked up.  She loves it, to say the least!

I am your favorite :), but truth be told you really just like the ladies.  You love MeMe and her name was one of your first words.  You think JuJu and NeaNea are your other grandmothers and they don't mind that at all.  Whenever we are around a new lady you always reach for them, like I said ... Ladies Man!
You walked later than Georgia, you started at 12 months but have always found a way to keep up with her anyway.   You like to let her get into something or make a mess and then you just join in.  You are very vocal and are constantly "talking".  You say Momma, DaDa, MeMe, PaPa, JuJu NeaNea, Georgia, Lu,  No No, Night Night, Juice, Cookie, Ball, Thank You, Cheese, Hello & BaBa.

You LOVE a phone!!  The IPhone is what you prefer, haha, but you will take any one you can get.  Out of sight, out of mind BUT if you get one in your sights you will cry and point to it and say "Hello, Hello".  I always give in so we have to hide the phones everywhere we go!

You are an animal lover!  Between all of us, me, MeMe, JuJu & NeaNea, we have 8 dogs and you love them all.  You have never been scared of them and will go straight up to them and love on them.  Your daddy and I both love animals too, so you get it honest.

When you are so upset and nothing else will work we can step one foot outside of the house and it is like a switch,  you quit crying instantly. You love the outside.  You love to swing, walk up and down the driveway and riding in your wagon.  Another obsession of yours is anything that goes Vroooom.  Cars,Trucks, bicycles, lawnmowers but your favorite is a tractor.  You are such a boy!  I can't wait to see you and your daddy doing all kinds of big boy things together outside, it's his favorite place too!

You love your sisters and boy do they love you.  You will not ever have to worry about being well taken care of because you have at 3 women in your life that will ALWAYS be sure of that.  You and Georgi and buddies and have the sweetest relationship.  I hope that you will always
be close! 

Summer adores you, she calls you HER baby boy and can't wait to get her hands on you first thing when she wakes up in the mornings. She is your little mommy all she wants to do is take care of you!  You are one lucky little fella!


Jakey Boy, 
my life is so much snugglier because you are in it!!  I am never low on hugs, kisses and lovin when you are near by, you melt my heart.  You are my boy and I totally "get" it now what I have always heard about a momma and her boy!  I love that you are a big, rough and rugged boy but want nothing more than to be in your momma's arms ... I hope that never changes.  I  pray for big things for you biggy boy and can't wait to see the man that you become.  You perfectly complete this house full of girls and daddy is so glad that he has you in his corner.  We are so glad that God made us your mommy and daddy!! We love you, Big!!
Mommy and Daddy


No comments: