Friday, January 20, 2012

Summer

AKA:  Sister, Sum, Summy, Pookie Dook, My Girl, Senorita, SugarBaby, Tootie Bell

Our first born, born October 19, 2006.  Summer came here full of spunk, attitude and lots of personality and has been the Queen of the house since day one!  I can not believe my girl is 5 years old ... seems impossible!!


Summers 5th birthday

Summer takes Gymnastics once a week at SEAGA a local gym and loves every minute.  She received the lessons from MeMe and Papa for her 5th birthday.  She is very good at it and although is one of the youngest ones in her class can do a couple of things that no one in the class can do.  She is great at cartwheels and does a pretty good backbend and does a handstand with a little help!

Summer is really into baby dolls right now and her favorite is her American Girl Doll that she got for Christmas this year.  She goes back and forth between Elizabeth and Mary Clara for names for her doll but mostly just calls her American Doll. :o)

She knows and can write all of her Letters, upper and lower, she can write her name, mommys name and daddys name.  She can write Love, Stop, No, Mommy, Daddy.  She knows her phone number and MeMe's phone number and we are working on our address.  I stand in awe of how smart she is and although she does have a lot of "book smarts"  where she blows me away is with her common sense!  She is very "knowing" and loves to know things and asks SOOOO many questions.  I love that about her even though it can get a little tiresome at times!

Summer is such a wonderful big sister and I don't know what I would have done this year without he.  Her brother and sister adore her and she is so good with them.  They are getting to the age where she can really play with them and it is probably my favorite thing at this point in our lives.  It makes me so proud to see them love eachother.

If there is one thing I know it is that I will never have to worry about anyone ever taking advantage of Sum. Although she is very sweet and cares so much for others and their feelings ..... she don't take no junk!! ;o)  It is one of those things that you know will serve them well when they are older but aren't quite sure how to teach them to control while they are young.  She is fearless and would go toe to toe with a  giant (aka: her daddy)!!  It does cause quite a few time outs in her 5 year old world but will surely give me some peace when it is time for her to go out into this great big world on her own!

Summer's cousins are her most favorite people in the whole wide world.  They are all a few years older than her but close enough that they all play together wonderfully.  They are best friends and I hope that it stays that way forever. 
Sam, Sarah, John & Summer (at Sarahs 6th grade graduation 2011)
Ever since Summer was born she has LOVED sleeping in her own bed.  However, since the babies were born she would much rather be snuggled in between mommy and daddy in our bed.  I think that this probably happened while we were in Birmingham with the babies.  When Summer would come up to visit us on the weekends she would sleep with me and it brought me so much comfort and peace.  We love snuggling and she ends up in our bed about 3 nights out of the week.  Bad habit but we all kind of enjoy it!!

BLING, BLING!!  Summer loves anything that sparkles!!  She is just natrually drawn to all things girly and glitz!  I kid and say that for her, the tackier the better!! I am hoping that her obsession calms down a little and that she'll go more for "class" and not so much for BLING!!   I am a little more conservative in style but her JuJu (my sister) on the other hand is just a grown up version of Sum and just happens to be where she got her nickname "Senorita".  We kid and say she should have been her daughter!

Summer showing off her earrings the day she got her ears pierced (April 2011)!! She could not wait to get those out and put in some "dangle ones"!!
Summer,
   You are such a joy and so much fun!!  You have such a sweet spirit wrapped up in that sassy little personality and we can not wait to see what God has in store for your life.  We know that whatever it is, you will be the best!!  Summer you have been such a comfort for your mommy and have helped me so much since our babies were born.  One of my favorite times of the day is that hour and a half that we have with just you after the babies go to sleep.   We love you so much, Sister and can't even remember what our lives could have possibly been before you!!  Momma (& Daddy)

No comments: